Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts

"This slim, attractive volume will amuse nonbelievers -- and, ironically, cause them to spend hours reading about God and religion." Boston Globe


The Atheist Bible is a handy little book that consists of quotes from mostly atheist or agnostics and some other popular people such as Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Ian McKellen, Albert Einstein etc.

Some memorable quotes from the book:

"Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God-
but to create Him."
ARTHUR C. CLARKE

"As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man
created God or God man."
FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKY

"Do you think I am superstitious? I am a super-atheist."MOHANDAS K. GANDHI

"We shall tell ourselves that it would be very nice if there
were a God who created the world and was a benevolent
Providence, and if there were a moral order in the uni-
verse and an after-life; but it is a very striking fact that
all this is exactly as we are bound to wish it to be."
SIGMUND FREUD

"All thinking men are atheists." ERNEST HEMINGWAY

"Martyrdom ... is the only way in which a man can
become famous without ability."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their be-
lief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated
need to believe."
CARL SAGAN

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the
need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in
spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."
RICHARD DAWKINS

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the
rich."
NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

"Well, I've often thought that the Bible should have a dis-
claimer at the front saying, "This is fiction." I mean,
walking on water? I mean, it takes an act of faith."
IAN MCKELLEN

"[Religious thought is] an attempt to find an out where
there is no door."
ALBERT EINSTEIN

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for
atheism ever conceived."
ISAAC ASIMOV

"I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So
why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how
I'm going to Hell?"
HOMER SIMPSON :)

For the others, just search the book.


File Size: 911 KB

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/105055377/Konner__Joan_-_The_Atheist_s_Bible.pdf


Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment