Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Salmon of Doubt - Douglas Adams (Audiobook + E-book)





UPDATE! I added the audiobook version narrated by Simon Jones and contributed by Stephen Fry, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Cerf.


Man the maker looks at his world and says, “So who made this, then?” Who made this?—you can see why it’s a treacherous question. Early man thinks, “Well, because there’s only one sort of being I know about who makes things, whoever made all this must therefore be a much bigger, much more powerful and necessarily invisible, one of me, and because I tend to be the strong one who does all the stuff, he’s probably male.” And so we have the idea of a God. Then, because when we make things, we do it with the intention of doing something with them, early man asks himself, “If he made it, what did he make it for?” Now the real trap springs, because early man is thinking, “This world fits me very well. Here are all these things that support me and feed me and look after me; yes, this world fits me nicely,” and he reaches the inescapable conclusion that whoever made it, made it for him.


Download [E-book - 12.5 MB]:
http://rapidshare.com/files/267935102/The.Salmon.of.Doubt-Douglas.Adams.rtf

Download [Audiobook - 161 MB]:
http://rapidshare.com/files/269221113/Douglas.Adams-The.Salmon.of.Doubt.Audiobook.rar


Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment